We offer a complete and comprehensive Women’s Health service. Our female doctors are specialists in this area and our Practice Nurse is a registered midwife. Women’s Health practices includes fertility advice, family planning, contraception, pregnancy care, breast examinations, STIs, cervical screening and menopause.
- Family Planning & Contraception – Pill, Patch, Vaginal Ring, Implanon, Mirena / IUS, Copper Coil, Non Hormonal Coil, Injection, Emergency and Morning After Pill*
- Pregnancy Care – Testing, advice on getting pregnant, care during pregnancy up until delivery, care post-delivery.
- Cervical Smear Testing – CervicalCheck
- STIs (Sexually Transmitted Infections) – screening (blood & swab tests) and treatment including cryotherapy and safe sex advice
- Menopause – advice, investigation, treatment of symptoms. See dedicated Cork Menopause Clinic section for further information.
*The Morning After Pill can be taken for up to 5 days after unprotected sexual intercourse. The emergency copper coil is also available and can be inserted up to 5 days after unprotected sexual intercourse. Please seek medical advice regarding the best treatment option for you.